Thursday, May 18, 2006

All about timing!


We keep learning small things as we go on thru life and lately I have noticed something that is important in the sense that unless I understand this, my attitude, relationships and future will be affected. Without further nonsensic blabbering, I'll tell you what I have learnt...

Every event, every situation, every decision is alot about timing. We may make different decisions about the same situation because of circumstances or timing!

Whether it's as simple as buying a dress that I like, or as complicated as taking up a new job, timing is a deciding factor. It's wierd how when couples are young, they don't have much money, they are building their lives and have to slog to make ends meet and have some form of stable income. But when they are old, retired and have enough money saved, they are too old to travel and try new things or they are not even together anymore to use that money together..

Even when it comes to relationships, sometimes you meet someone who u like and who likes u (which in itself is difficult to find), but u realize the timing is not right, either he moves away or he just hooked up with someone or he just got out of a bad relationship and is not ready for another one, or he wants to get married immediately, or he doesn't!!!!! Sounds like I'm talking with experience doesn't it? lol..

One of my friends told me once that even with jokes, its alot to do with timing. His friend told him that there are four kinds of jokes...
  1. good jokes, good timing
  2. good jokes, bad timing
  3. bad jokes good timing
  4. bad jokes, bad timing
Guess my friend ran on the bad jokes, but good timing system.. Neways, it's the timng that saved him and made people think his jokes were funny. And if I ever (in a momentary lapse of sanity) tried to crack that joke, it always misfired.. But guess that's also cos I'm not someone who can say jokes well. Well, what can I say?? Some can sing, some can dance, some can say jokes... And obviously I am not one of them.

Being at the rite place and more importantly at the rite time, accounts for a whole lot. And some people have made it big because they were at the rite place at the rite time. Of course I have to admit that some ppl who had it tough and never managed to be where they wanted to and when they wanted to, have also made it big. Thats sheer perseverence and hardwork - which is another thing i admire. There is no use having talent or skills, You need to be able to use it well.

Just random musings, I guess.. But since this is my space for me to write what i want, when i want, I dont need to apologize for these words.. my thoughts..



1 comment:

Yasser Rahman said...

You made me sit back and think with this one..

Timing, is a crucial factor for a lot of things. But its not enough, you need that hard work put in as well, but thats only if you want to be someone, and do something big.

I was at the right place at the right time, and an opertunity knocked. Opertunity is a bald man with a long beard and you need to grab him by his beard before he walks past you, and that I did..But it did come with its price, dropping out of college. There I was, this measly seventeen year old, who was in the right place at the right time...I thought I had made it..But I hadnt, I still need that hard work to be put it...

We all do...timing is important...And I am one of those with the [i] Bad Jokes , Bad Timing [/i] thing .... LOL.


I loved your blog..everyword of it, keep writing :)