Sunday, July 02, 2006

Think about it!

My mom always said that she would prefer to have medium highs if that could balance out the lows as well... so she would neither be too happy nor too sad at any point in her life... I beg to differ on that point... I prefer having the ecstatic highs even if it means having the absolute "pus-on-the-fly-in-the-shitpile" low as well... Perhaps living the balanced life is a better option if u wana save ur heart a whole lot of torture.. But what is life if not for the roller coaster ride it offers.. Thats the main attraction! I have had two occasions in my life when i can say i have been on the absolute high.. It was that topmost point on the roller coaster where u can c practically the whole of the city... And u feel on top of the world... But life like all roller coasters, takes u from that "i'm-the-king-of-the-world" top to the bottomost pit in the blink of an eye... Sometimes those lows are unbearable and many think that they are not worth the high... But i never see it that way... Both times I felt myself hitting rock bottom, never once did i regret the high, nor did it ever cross my mind to wish that i had a more balanced life... My highs give me hope, give me memories; not to dwell on, but to keep me happy thru sad times... My highs taught me valuable lessons on music, books, comedy,food, love and life... My lows taught me much the same thing.. However low i go, ill never give up those moments of insane hapiness i feel.. moments i know will pass sometime, but those moments in which nothing or noone can hurt me... I had two periods of insane happiness.. each lasting about three months... Even the depressive stints that followed those times could never dim the completely pure sense of freedom and happiness i felt at the top of the ride....

1 comment:

Yasser Rahman said...

The same thought has struck me plenty of times, I sometimes wonder if I would be happier if I led a normal life, aka, got myself and education, then got a job etc, but the thrills I get of work , the HIGHS and the LOWS are all part of why I love doing what I do.. And the same applies to life in general as well. You've really put it accross well :)