Friday, August 11, 2006

New Places...

In a week from now... some things mite change.. for one.. i will be 21 years old.. in almost every country in the world, i will be of legal age to drink.. ha ha.. thats one way of looking at it.. my aunt told me that in a few days i will be an adult.. now.. wat exactly does that mean? does waking up one morning 21 years from the day u were born make u an adult?
somehow i figure that being an adult means being able to take failures, maintaining healthy relationships, taking responisibility for ur life, making ur own decisions and deep, heavy stuff like that.. and i highly doubt that a week from now i will be able to do any of those things even remotely better than i am doing them now..
wat does being 21 mean to me? hmmm... it means nothing different.. it means that i have managed to carry myself (shakily, i must add) thru the last 21 years..
In a week from now.. I'm moving from one cosmopolitan city to another.. But this time im gonna be living on my own.. im gonna try to stop being the spoilt brat that i know i am and stop depending on people (unfortunately i cant not depend on my parents for money as yet) for too many things...
In a week from now.. im gonna have to make new friends.. So far, i have been very lucky in making friends.. But now, i have to go back to being the new kid on the block and make new friends..
In a week from now... im gonna have to pay to message people on the cell phone.. after living in toal luxury where i had free messaging, imgona have to start paying to msg.. I dont know if i can live with that. ha ha..
In a week from now im gonna start studying the one subject that i never thought i would study...

i guess a week from now, ill know alot more about the person i am. just hope i learn some good stuff about me...

3 comments:

Yasser Rahman said...

Congrats on turning 21..a little late maybe, but still :)

A beautifull definition of what an adult is..I try comparing that to myself, and im no where close to adulthood :) But them again , im pesimistic most of the time.

Best of luck with college and moving to a new city..and by the way, you have free messaging all over the country ;)

3inone said...

WRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3inone said...

:-) ah see... it's not just me.. there are other people wondering...